Friday, October 9, 2009

Razer Naga Review


Well, the Razer Naga is awesome. I've been using it for a week now, and I am in love. I'll tell you the general ideas for it, then WoW, Aion and L4D stress testing.

Overall: 9/10. The mouse fits into your hand perfectly. There are grooves for your fingers to fit into for your pointer, middle and ring finger. Your pinky kinda falls to the side, but it's okay. On the right side of the mouse is the keypad. I found clicking each number very easy - it wasn't hard to apply enough pressure for a response, but keys 10, 11 and 12 were slightly harder for my thumb to reach. The Naga glided over my Razer Sphex mousepad easily, and can zoom across with the slightest amount of force applied. The mouse's LEDs are pure win. The keypad is lit up for you to see the numbers clearly, the scroll wheel - which cannot unfortunately be turned on or off in the driver software - looks amazing. The Razer logo pulses as if your Naga is alive and ready to own face. It looks beautiful, and performs greatly. The only downside? It's hot in my basement due to the heater being so close to me, and my hands get sweaty, and my Naga's flat black finish gets all wet and shiny. Blah.

World of Warcraft: I haven't tried the addon, because I don't want a new UI. I merely binded half of my abilities to my Belkin N52te, (powered by Razer), and the other half to my Naga mouse. I found it was incredibly easy to adjust to the playstyle of the keypad and mouse. In battlegrounds, I was amazed how quickly I could reach all my skills - alot faster than when I keybinded using my Razer Lycosa keyboard. Yes, shameless Razer plug all over this blog. But it was extremely easy to learn and I tried out raiding, now that I was used to the mouse. It was overall quite a fun experience, however at one point I switched the Naga to the number pad rather than the 1-10 on top of the keyboard, and my abilities didn't work on one pull. As long as that doesn't happen often, it should be fine.

Aion: I logged on, keybinded my abilities to the mouse, and went questing. The spells seemed more responsive for some reason, and with the combo skills, I could easily click the 2 button for a skill, then have easy access to 4, 5 and 6, which were only available after clicking 2 - But I could use the combo ability alot faster than when I keybinded them to my keyboard. It was awesome.

Left 4 Dead: It's an MMO mouse, but for me, it is my only mouse. I opened L4D and was suprised that it was even an upgrade over my old mouse in FPS games. In fact, it was ten times more easy sniping headshots with Razer's insane mouse super powers. It gets better. I binded pain pills to 1, health package to 2, and grenade to 3. It was alot better than my old keybinds for those three, where were Delete, End and Page Down. You know, above the arrow keys? Fail!

Overall, this mouse is amazing. I'm probably going to buy the Razer Starcraft mouse when it comes out, simply because I'd like another mouse to use for the Internet or RTS games.

But, to close it up, good job, Razer. Another outstanding product.

No comments:

Post a Comment